Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14, 2016

Can You Hear the Music?
November 14, 2016

For 3 1/2 years now, I have been telling you about the music in my head since I went deaf.  It is still there, but for a couple of days last month, I lost it.  I really missed it!  It was replaced with noises that sounded mechanical.  Strange.  I was about to make a doctor's appointment, to have it checked, but then it went away and the music came back. 

Actually that is not the music I was going to tell you about.  This past weekend, we went to San Antonio since our son Dave was going to be singing a solo at his church Sunday morning.  It was a solo with choir backup.  We sat on the top row of the balcony so we could be beside our daughter-in-law as she did the video taping of the service.  The special music was not a song I was familiar with so I could not figure out the melody, but I could enjoy seeing both our son and his wife serving the Lord in their church with the talents God has given them.

We left early Saturday morning and drove to San Antonio (about 4 1/2 hours away), and spent several hours going to quilt stores.  Dave has a Saturday job so he was not available and his wife was busy with the academic decathlon team that she coaches at her school.  We met up with Dave about the time he got off work and by the time we got to the house, his wife was home. 

We all went to supper at the Alamo Cafe where we had hosted Dave and Diana's wedding rehearsal dinner 12 years ago this month.  Diana's niece and nephew were home and joined us for supper.  Her nephew is now in college and her niece in the high school where Diana teaches.  Supper was nice although a little spicy for me. 

Sunday morning we four adults made it to church with time to spare.  The kids were spending time with other family Sunday.  It was good to see one of the ladies at church who used to live here and attend our church.  Lunch was great at one of our favorite Bar-B-Que places.  We returned to the house to chance clothes before driving home. 

The trip was way too short, but it was the best we could do right now.  Dave and his family stay so busy and Ron hates to be away from the Sunday School class he teaches at our church here. 

Traffic was heavy coming home.  Friday was a holiday, so I guess that is why so many were on the road.  Just south of Raymondville, there had been a very big accident with about 15 - 20 emergency vehicles helping out.  There was a light rain and it was dark.  Thankfully we were able to take an exit right away and bypass the congestion. 

Today at the office, I did not accomplish too much.  The afternoon was slow and I left early to come home.  We are glad we were able to make the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment