Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6, 2017

Another Grand Weekend!
March 6, 2017

For our state license for our locksmith business, we must take continuing education hours.  This past weekend we took ours.  We had a choice of three places to take our classes and for some crazy reason, I selected the city where our newest grandchild lives.  Can you imagine that?  Sitting through 17 hours of classes, knowing that our 3 1/2 week old grandson was across town was torture.
Late afternoon sun reflecting off downtown buildings

We drove all day Wednesday and still managed to see him briefly (and his parents) that evening.  The next day we had an 8 hour class but that day our daughter-in-law was sick and we weren't able to be with them.  We did run an errand or two for them.  Friday was another 8 hour class and following that we went to have supper with our son and his family and take turns holding our precious grandson.
Saturday, there was a trade show, but I spent the day in the hotel room, sleeping late and just relaxing .  After Ron came back from the trade show, we went to a nearby small town with a great quilt shop and I did some shopping.  Then late in the afternoon, we had a one hour class!  We did a little more shopping before going to our son's home for supper and more holding.

At one point, Ron made it known he was going to hold our grandson, and jokingly, our son suggested a bidding war.  I knew I had more cash on me than Ron did, but I also remembered that I had a Pizza Hut gift card I had bought for them weeks earlier and had not mailed.  All I had to do was bid with that and I won, hands down.  Bidding was closed.  It was so funny to see the look on my son's face when I placed my bid.  He thought this was all just a joke but happily accepted the gift card when I pulled it out of my wallet. 
 Early morning fog 
Ron had shared a story while we were visiting, about one day when our youngest granddaughter had a balloon that one of her brothers popped.  She was crying and crying.  Ron went out to the car and came back in with a package of balloons and handed them to her.  Our daughter-in-law was about speechless and wondered how we are both always prepared for such unexpected things (balloons and gift cards).  Ron told her it was part of being a grandparent.

Sunday after taking brunch to their home, we all ate together and got in some cuddles before starting the long trip home.  We arrived about 1:00 a.m.  It had been a good trip but we are both exhausted.  Ron opened the office this morning and after I arrived he said that he wanted to come home early and get some sleep.

Using the Cochlear mini mic helped in our visiting, but was of little use in the class.  The class on Thursday was pretty good much to our surprise.  We both enjoyed it.  The man spoke up well and I could hear a large percentage of what he said.  Friday was the opposite.  The speaker mumbled, was soft spoken and often turned away from the group when he spoke.  I really had to fight the desire to go to sleep.  There was one, one hour class on Saturday afternoon and it was not too hard to hear.

We used the mini mic in the car a lot and in restaurants.  In the proper settings, it is a lot of help.  Lots of plants were in bloom along the way, including some bluebonnets.  There were many flowering trees in full bloom, in the northern part of the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment