Friday, October 31, 2014

October 31, 2014

Our First Cool Front of the Season
October 31, 2014


Our city library - one of the early voting spots
This was a good day.  It went by quickly.  On my way to the office this morning I went by our city library and voted early for next Tuesday's election.  It was good to get that out of the way.  There was no line when I arrived and I was able to be in and out quickly.  I arrived at the office about the regular time and Ron left a few minutes later to go on an assortment of errands and a job or two.  He had to get a hair cut, and important things like that. 

While Ron was gone, our oldest grandson arrived to spend the day.  He and I had not had a time to chat in too long.  We had so much to catch up on!  He is such a bright, interesting young man.  I did get him to help me with a variety of projects today.  We had a good time working together.  He is growing up so fast!  He was talking very fast today and I had to have him repeat often.  We were just so far behind on conversations, he had to try to get them all in by talking fast.

One of the things I love about this grandson is his honesty.  He is a normal kid.  There are times his siblings drive him nuts.  I may ask about one and he may roll his eyes, but he is also quick to give them praise and credit for their talents and abilities.  I have always thought this grandson is a good artist.  The second oldest girl in the family also loves to draw.   (Actually all the kids do.)  I asked him about the style in which she draws cartoon mice.  She draws them rapidly and each one has such an amazing expression in both facial feature and body position.  If she does a color book page, she will add at least one little mouse peeking out from behind something in the picture.  Anyway, he was quick to praise her art work and style and said he didn't know where she came up with the idea. 

Notice in the photo I took of the library this morning when I voted, the sky is lovely - blue and clear except for some high wispy clouds.  I knew that a cool front was due in this afternoon, so as a customer was leaving early in the afternoon I started to ask if it had cooled off, but she was out the door in a hurry.  About that time I looked out the door and a huge gust of wind blew down the street taking a cloud of dust with it.  The trees were blowing and it was an amazing site.  Within ten minutes, the wind was gone and the front was through the area.   We had a little rain but not much. Within another hour or so, the humidity had dropped, the sun was shining and  it was a beautiful afternoon.  Strange.

I did not get as much accomplished today as I had hoped, but got a few important things done.  Customers were in and out all day.  Ron returned in the afternoon.  I picked up some lunch for our grandson and me after my lunch got left in the hot car for several hours.  Late afternoon the temperature was 80, like yesterday evening, but was a lot less humid.

After work I went by Mom's.  I don't know if you readers recall that last spring I took a bunch of photos of Roseate Spoonbills that spent the winter near Mom's house.  They have been back for about a week or two, but the mosquitoes are so bad I have not tried to get photos of them yet.  As I said at the beginning: It was a good day.  Hope yours was, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment