Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 4, 2014

A Day Dealing with Credit Card Issues
September 4, 2014



This morning I had to get up a little early and be at the office earlier than I have been lately.  We had an appointment - the one that didn't show up about 10 days ago - and today the man showed up.  In our business, we accept credit cards.  We have not been pleased lately with the company which processes our transactions.  We have had only minor problems with their actual services, but their prices have been climbing and just seem to be too high.  The man today was representing another company and his offer was better, but it one of those strange times when you are comparing apples and oranges in many areas and it is hard to see what is really best.

We spent over an hour with the man today and then asked him to contact us later in the day after we checked out a couple of things.  Ron took care of checking on those things and we will probably go with the different company, but still have a couple of things to get good answers about.  The man was very helpful and not pushy.  If you know me, you know I do not deal well with pushy salesmen. 

This was a credit card day, I guess.  The bill for the credit card we use for purchases for our office, did not show up this month.  I guess the post office lost it.  It is always due on the 5th so I had Ron call the company a few days ago to get the amount due and to ask for a copy of the bill and after we finished with the other credit card stuff, I went to pay our bill.  While I was out I picked up lunch for us.

All morning while the credit card man was there, customers kept coming in and interrupting Ron from our discussion.  I needed him to hear things for me to be sure I didn't misunderstand some of the credit card issues.  The afternoon was VERY quiet.  Few customers came in.  Yesterday afternoon when it was flooded and rainy, Ron was very busy.  Customers would wade through the water to get a key cut and complain about getting wet.  I am not sure I have a key that I need copied badly enough to wade through water for it.  During the quiet afternoon, I did some bookkeeping and some reading. 

We had supper with my mom and it was relaxing and the food was good at Jason's Deli.  We saw several friends there and it was good to chat for a few minutes with them although some were sitting at the next table and I had trouble hearing them from that distance. 

After supper I went by the hospital that is near there to check on the lady I had tried to see last week.  We grew up together in church and she had been in ICU for several days last week, but is now in a room and I was very pleased at how she had progressed.  She has always been very soft spoken and so I struggled to hear her, but it has always been that way with her - not from the resent problems she has had.  We had a very nice visit as we talked about her children and mine.  We talked about mutual friends and yesterday's rains.  She was concerned about her house, but the rain had not been that bad.  I totally understood her concern because I am that way about our office since it floods there often.  Like last week, as I left the hospital, there was a lovely sunset in with the rain clouds that are still in the area.

By the time I got home it was dark and I was ready to get comfortable and relax.  I hope to do a little sewing this evening before I head to bed.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment