Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 11, 2014

A Rather Quiet Day
June 11, 2014



Again I slept later than planned.  The vibrator for my vibrating alarm clock was hanging off the end of the bed, not helping me at all to wake up.  After my hair was washed, I let it dry some while I worked a bit in the yard.  It has gotten really hot this week and it didn't take long outside for my hair to dry.  If I had stayed longer, it probably would have gotten wet with sweat!

While in Houston I had bought some new Caladiums.   I have three different types now and am looking forward to getting them planted.

I left the house a little before 10:00 and went to the doctor's office to ask about a bill I had gotten on some blood work.  They said they would check on it and for me to call back in a week.  From there I went by a business that is fairly new in town called Paper Jay.  They do a wide variety of printing projects and had recently mentioned one on Facebook that I am interested in.  The man I know who works there was not in but a couple of others answered several of my questions.  These guys think outside the box and have some amazing ideas.  I look forward to seeing if they can help me with an idea.

Next I headed to the office and started working on the pile of things on my desk.  It was not very busy in the office.  I waited on several customers, but not many.  It may just be too hot for folks to be out.  Ron didn't go out today, so that made my day easier.  He did several jobs in the shop, but thankfully didn't have to be out in the heat.

During the afternoon I spent time working on some of my photos.  I wish I knew more about photo editing.  What you see if what I took.  I don't alter the photos except to sometimes crop them a little, but there were a couple of things today I wanted to try and didn't have any luck figuring them out by myself.

On the way home from work, I stopped at Wal-Mart for a couple of items and again was not very successful.  Once I got home I fixed supper and read for a while.  It was really a quiet day.  That is good!  I did exchange a few texts with our youngest son.  He stays so busy.  It was nice to get some messages from him today and to know what is going on in his life.

Last night about midnight I finished the quilt top that I had been working on for a long time - not that it was all that hard, I just had a lot of other things that had to be done before it.  This will be a baby quilt.  It is made from scraps and was fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment